SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): All communication originating from dam-toys.com will be transactional with the exception of promotional emails which will always contain an easy method for unsubscribing at any time.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Dam LLC, One Corporate Drive, Grantsville, MD 21536, US.
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). When we use session cookies to track the total number of visitors to our Website, this is done on an anonymous aggregate basis (as cookies do not in themselves carry any personal data). We may also employ cookies so that we remember your computer when it is used to return to the Website to help customize your Dam Toys web experience. We may associate personal information with a cookie file in those instances. Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. See below instructions on how to enable and disable cookies for various browsers:
Please check the browser’s cookie settings support pages to confirm the most up-to-date instructions.
• Click the settings icon on the browser toolbar (three stacked lines)
• Select ‘Settings’
• Click ‘Show advanced settings’
• In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
• To enable cookies: In the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’. This will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies, pick ‘Block third-party cookies and site data’
• To disable cookies: In the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
• Click the menu button (three stacked lines) and choose ‘Preferences’
• Select the Privacy panel
• Set ‘Firefox will:’ to ‘Use custom settings for history’
• To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies from sites’
• To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from sites’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla:https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Safari on OSX
• Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option
• Click on ‘Privacy’
• To enable cookies: In the ‘Cookies and website data:’ section, click ‘Always Allow’ or ‘Allow from websites I visit’ or ‘Allow from current website only’ depending on your preference
• To disable cookies: In the “Cookies and website data:” section, click ‘Always Block’
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214
• From the main menu, select ‘Settings’ (or ‘Preferences’, when using OS X)
• Click ‘Privacy & security’ in the sidebar
• Under “Cookies”, select an option for handling cookies
• To enable cookies: Check ‘Allow local data to be set’ or ‘Keep local data only until I quit my browser’ depending on your preference
• To disable cookies: Check ‘Block sites from setting any data’ or ‘Block third-party cookies and site data’ depending on your preference
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software:http://help.opera.com/opera/Windows/1967/en/controlPages.html#manageCookies
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0
• Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’
• In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
• To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
• To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
• Click on ‘More’ and choose ‘Settings’
• Under “Advanced settings”, select ‘View advanced Settings’
• Under “Privacy and services - Cookies”, choose the option you want.
• ‘Block all cookies’ blocks all cookies that websites try to save to your computer. ‘Block only third party cookies’ blocks third party cookies, which are saved by external web services, such as ads embedded on webpages you have navigated to.
• Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Edge. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Microsoft Edge, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website. Consult your mobile device documentation for information on how to disable cookies.
Dam Toys uses the AdWords, Remarketing with Analytics, Demographics and Interests reporting, and the Segments features of Google Analytics. Dam Toys and Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Website. This means that vendors including Google will display Dam Toys promotional material on other sites you visit across the Internet.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics and interest-based ads by Google by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager. To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, Google has developed an Opt-out Browser add-on, which is available by visiting Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, to enable you to opt-out of Google’s programs.
SECTION 7 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Dam Toys:
One Corporate Drive
Grantsville, MD 21536, US